March 21, 2013

The washing with the green


I hope you all believe in better late than never, because my title, corny as it may be, is terribly late for St Patrick's day. Which is a holiday that I enjoy very much, despite its being sadly over-commercialized here. Someday I shall meet another American who is aware that there are other Irish foods besides corned beef and cabbage, and I shall faint from joyful surprise. What probably bothers me most is the abundance of people who call it "St Patty's Day". This is something I genuinely don't understand. I've never heard anyone call St Francis "St Frank".

Anyway, as you can see in the photograph above, I have just acquired the most expensive bottle of shower gel I've ever purchased. It was $16.50, probably frivolous, but it smells gorgeous. Or, more specifically, like a lime margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to leave us a note? Don't be shy.