March 15, 2013

Blue








There seems to be a lot of blue around here lately. The sky, despite the unusually cold temperatures, has been bright blue, I've been finding blue pencils and blue buttons and pens with blue ink, and then these lovely blue flowers popped up all over the front yard. So obviously I went on a spree and started photographing blue things.

Then I made these mushrooms and photographed them. Afterwards, when I was reviewing them, I realised that I had used a blue dish. Either this was actually funny or I'm becoming unbalanced. Here is a link to the original recipe, but I did some modifying and whatnot.


Mushrooms with Bacon

Mushrooms (with concave cap)
Bacon
Salt
Pepper
Paprika

Rinse the mushrooms and gently remove the stems. Cut the strips of bacon in half. Fold each half accordion-style and place into mushroom cap. Season with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, until the bacon is crisp. Be sure to use a baking pan with some depth, because the bacon will leak grease.



1 comment:

Care to leave us a note? Don't be shy.