August 16, 2013

Mary Poppins lives... almost.

Sadly, the whole cleaning by finger-snap doesn't seem to work for me, nor can I jump into chalk pictures yet. (And I spent ages as a child trying to figure how to do that one.) But anyway, I have a new job working as a nanny for a one-year-old boy. He's adorable and very well-behaved, but oh the energy! And I have fast learned to dress in clothing impervious to mystery dirt.

Now, to get down to business:


Fingerless gloves. So sophisticated, I think. I made them from this pattern from Sense & Sensibility patterns, a lovely store that always makes me wish I could sew. Luckily it was a nice, simple pattern since I cut it quite close on the timing. However, I did have to adjust the hook size -to five sizes smaller- to fit my little hands. I didn't have time to compensate with the thread size too, so it was somewhat harder to manage with a hook that small. They were made specifically for this event, a formal banquet affair. It was fun; I love to dress up, and there was chocolate cake.


...
Photographs this time were taken by a friend of mine, Cassy Blue.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, congrats on the new job!

    Love your fingerless gloves :)

    ReplyDelete

Care to leave us a note? Don't be shy.