January 9, 2013

Jam scones

Maura Laverty is my new best friend.

My mother gave me part one (bread and cakes) of her Full and Plenty cookbook for Christmas. Having read through it, I've tried to find parts two and three. Sadly, it seems that the complete edition and the three-part edition are old, and the new ones do not have all of the recipes. Alas.

Anyhow, my first culinary attempt from the book was jam scones.


They turned out rather well, if I do say so myself.


And then my photography school graduate father helped me photograph them. Because, you know, presentation is key.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a lovely comment!
    The dough used for the scones is the same as for regular scones, but they're rolled out and cut into circles. Then after you put a spoon of jam in the center the edges are pinched shut.
    I could say dozens of positive things about the book, but I would hate to sound like a product endorsement.

    Also, I must confess that I am not actually Irish, but a mere celtophile (hopefully that is a word) from the US. I honestly didn't mean to misrepresent myself with the Gaelic title and pseudonym, I just like it that way. I apologise for any confusion, and I hope you don't mind. I'll be off to put a disclaimer in the profile...

    ReplyDelete

Care to leave us a note? Don't be shy.